Teaching Strategy of the Week:
Sentence Starters for Collaboration
- Start problem (What do you think about ____?
- Justify your thinking (I think ___ is true because ___.)
- Productive struggle (How did you ___?)
- End a problem (One idea to help me remember this is ___.)
Professional Reading of the Week:
- There is also a PDF of the fabulous poster titled “8 Habits of Math Teachers Who Value Productive Struggle” which would be a great reminder next to your desk!
- For more on Productive Struggle watch this 5 minute Productive Struggle Video by Robert Kaplinsky.
Digital Tool of the Week:
Math Help Videos
In the past I have shared videos like these with parents and students via email or on a handout at parent teacher-conferences. I encourage you to utilize “Ctrl+f” and tell kids how to search for things or help them bookmark this page! You can also share this with your intervention or flex teachers if they are looking to support students in past or upcoming coursework.